- My God who listens to this all too often wayward heart, hears my cries, meets my needs and protects my family.
- Jason. My husband who loves me no matter what. He is my best friend. We dance through the minefields TOGETHER.
- Ethan, my joy, my taller-than-me 12-year-old who still texts me every day at lunch and kisses every morning when he gets out of the truck.
- Ryan, my miracle, my insulin-dependent brave child who does NOT let his body, the incessant numbers, get in the way of his being a little boy.
- Aaron, my bonus, who introduces himself as such who makes me laugh when I need it the most and loves nothing more than to cuddle under a blanket.
- My parents. For their endless giving of unconditional love and their 40 year example of what a marriage is supposed to be through good times a bad.
- My sister. For not just being my sister but also being my friend who listens, loves and laughs with me through the toughest of times.
- My in-laws. For raising the love of my life and teaching him to be the hard-working provider, husband and dad that he is.
- My husbands siblings and their families who have from day one embraced me as a sister and longs to keep me in the loop no matter the distance between.
- My brother-in-law who loves and takes care of my sister and my nieces and keeps sending me invitations ever year to be part of his fantasy football league.
- My church for embracing us when we needed it the very most.
- My friends from my growing up years in Ft. Worth for standing beside me for 20+ years and showing a loyalty that I cannot comprehend. You make me want to be a better friend.
- Rekindled friendships. Just yesterday, I reconnected with a precious mom and just listened. It’s good to know that friendships that begins on prayer lasts a lifetime (love you J.L.).
- For my Baltimore friends, my heart is always there with you. Those who used to babysit me and saw the rotten p.k. I was and love me still as an adult. You are the best.
- For facebook. I know, really, facebook? YES, it’s allowed me to keep in touch with those mentioned above those relationships that are vital to me now.
- For Ryan’s blood sugar average yesterday: 109 and 100% in range. IT IS POSSIBLE.
- For the elementary school that Ryan and Aaron attend and the ministry of that front office, nurse, teachers, administration and secretaries. I could NOT have done these last two years without you.
- For the VP at Ethan’s school who has creating a safe place and virtually hand-picked teachers for him this year that he might not only have a better year, but thrive in it.
- For adopted family, you know who you are, that I do not go to church with anymore but love me just the same.
- For forgiveness. God’s and from loved ones and friends who love me in spite of my constant failures and shortcomings and allow me to be who I am, flaws and all.
- For my D-MOMS. What in the world would I do without you? The laughter, the empathy, the same-same . . . it is invaluable and a God-send for sure.
- For insulin pumps, in particular, for us, the OmniPod. Technology that gives freedom, flexibility and tighter control so I might keep my Ryan happier and healthier.
- For a cooler day like today and rain in the forecast.
- For dark chocolate and white chocolate mocha lattes.
- For music that gives voice and words to my deepest feelings and touches my heart.
And the amazing thing . . . I could go on and on. This list only took me about 10 minutes to write and there and there is plenty more to speak of.
Maybe I should do this every week . . . I feel good today. I feel so blessed. I have so much that I too often take for granted.